The Friendship Fire Association exists for the following purposes, and has been carrying out these objectives since its founding in 1940:
- To unite in common bond all acceptable "Fire Buffs" in the metropolitan area of the District of Columbia
- To perpetuate the international hobby of "Fire Buffing" by educational and social endeavors
- To operate the Canteen and support rehabilitation operations of the District of Columbia Fire Department by volunteer effort as a civic service to the Fire Department of the District of
- To engage in fire prevention activities and education in cooperation with the District of Columbia Fire Department
- To operate, preserve and expand a museum of fire memorabilia, relics and antiques of the fire service
- To publish and distribute a newsletter describing activities of the District of Columbia Fire Department and the metropolitan Washington area fire service.